Distasteful as it is, we are approaching yet another election season.
At least, no one can plausibly suggest, “we just need a few more Republicans to get the job done.”
Since 2001, the Republicans have owned both houses of Congress and the Presidency. The Supreme Court is now 7/9 Republican appointees.
- Row v Wade is still firmly ratified
- Government spending is higher than ever
- Yet another cabinet department has been created
- That department, the Heimatsicherheitsdienst, is laying in place everything the Gulag was about, just waiting for the implementation.
- Two wars have been waged that cannot be defended by Christian just war theory.
- War has been declared against an abstraction (The War on Terror); war has not been declared when we actually go somewhere and kill people.
- A citizen surveillance act has twice been passed, with the insulting “Patriot Act” given as its name.
- The President has repeatedly told falsehoods about the grounds for his wars, lied about the extent of citizen surveillance, and thumbed his nose when questions about constitutionality are raised.
- For the first time in American history, the use of torture is openly discussed and defended.
In short, we stand and watch in horror at what the Republicans are turning our country into.
To be fair, however, we need to recall the previous decade.
- Row v Wade was still firmly ratified
- A bunch of unpopular religionists were incinerated at their gathering place in Waco, Texas.
- The President adulterously abused young girls in his administration
- Then, he lied about it.
- Miss Lewinsky’s War was waged, equally unjust as the Bush Wars, but even more shameful because waged against a Christian, European nation.
In short, we stood and watched with a sense of shame at what the Democrats were turning our country into.
That is our choice this November: Shame, or Horror.
You are not shirking your Christian duty if you opt out of having to make this choice.